Anthony Mason Pitts
A self-motivated mechanical engineer with extensive experience in commercial vehicle advanced driver
assistance systems. Demonstrated track record of managing and developing creative solutions to deliver quality
results on time and within budget. Strong analytic and communication skills with a positive and assertive
Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems – Troy, MI 2011 – Present
Application Engineer (June 2014 – Present)
Managed and lead evaluation of product performance and quality in pneumatic braking applications of Meritor WABCO
products during development and series production.
- Launched full stability control with transit bus manufacturer representing the first entry of stability control into
that market. Responsibilities included: integration, validation, reporting, and product release.
- Launched full stability control with largest pneumatic school bus and RV manufacturer.
- Lead FMVSS 136 test program and implementation for three major commercial vehicle OEMs.
- Validated simulation integration effort between FMVSS 136 physical test program and dSPACE based
- Served as primary technical contact for pneumatic ABS application and troubleshooting for five large
customers; Presented new products and product improvements.
- Conducted review of customer specifications and gap analyses; Implemented action plans to resolve gaps.
Vehicle Test Engineer (October 2011 – June 2014)
Executed vehicle level testing of products ranging from ABS through Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. Provided
performance margins and recommendations for application modifications to meet targets.
- Demonstrated system performance through limit and above limit testing of class 6-8 vehicles.
- Tuned radar based adaptive cruise control and stability control systems.
- Presented measurement data, data analysis, and recommendations in various reporting formats.
smartUSA – Bloomfield Hills, MI 2007 – 2009
Engineering Intern (May 2009 – December 2009)
Tracked warranty issues and implemented troubleshooting procedures with direction from management to recreate
- Vehicle Testing Coordinator for distribution of smart test vehicles to drivers for evaluation purposes;
monitored and tracked results.
Warranty Intern (May 2008 – July 2008)
Developed dealer agreements, Lemon Law policy, and warranty manual.
- Assisted in coordinating vehicle buybacks when applicable.
- Provided support for field issues, diagnosed customer complaints, and resolved any vehicle issues.
Marketing Intern (May 2007 – July 2007)
Participated in pre-launch activities for smart fortwo vehicle in North American Market.
- Direct contact with smart reservation holders to build excitement and answer product questions.
- Participated in various test drive events.
Information Technology at Purdue – West Lafayette, IN 2005 – 2009, 2011
Computer Lab Assistant (January 2011 – August 2011)
Direct point of contact for patrons needing assistance with university IT systems.
- Ensure lab equipment (computers, copiers, etc) in working order
Digital Learning Collaboratory Lab Assistant (May 2005 – May 2009)
Provided technology assistance for patrons’ in-lab and over the phone.
- Distribution of electronic equipment (digital cameras, laptops, video cameras, etc.) to students and faculty.
- Worked as a team to ensure the lab operated efficiently and effectively.
Detroit Diesel Corporation – Detroit, MI 2005
Summer Assembly Associate (May 2005 – August 2005)
Assembled series 60 and series 2000 diesel engines for on and off highway applications.
- Installed turbos, oil pumps, fuel filters, flywheels, camshafts, etc. and ensured components were in proper
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering – Purdue University, (West Lafayette, IN) 2011
Teamwork, Testing and Data Analysis, Technical Report Writing and Presentations, Complex problem solving
Software: CANalyzer, CANape, SAP, PLM, Sharepoint, Daptiv project management, Microsoft Office Suite, Matlab,
Pro/Engineer, Solidworks, LabVIEW
Training: SAE Fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle Dynamics
Certifications: Michigan Commercial Driver’s License (CA, XPT)
Racing: President Purdue Formula SAE (2009), 30 High Performance Driving Events
- Society Automotive Engineers (SAE) – Classic Member.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) – Member.